Movement experts who optimize quality of life through prescribed exercise, hands-on care, and patient education.
- Physical therapists at Holsman Physical Therapy are movement experts who optimize the quality of life through prescribed exercise, hands-on care, and patient education. We care for people of all ages and abilities, diagnose and treat existing health conditions, but we also provide patient education, customize plans of care, and preventative treatments that can help you avoid many health problems before they occur.
- After making a diagnosis, our physical therapists create personalized treatment plans that help you improve mobility, manage pain and other chronic conditions, recover from injury, and prevent future injury and chronic disease.
Sports Physical Therapy
Evaluate your condition and recommend a personalized course of treatment.
- Playing sports, be it professionally or just for fun, offers a lot of benefits. But sometimes, sports and related activities can result in muscle and joint problems. And when these problems persist, they can impact not only your game, but your overall quality of life. So if you’re suffering and think you might benefit from sports physical therapy, Holsman Physical Therapy & Rehab is here to help.
- At Holsman Physical Therapy & Rehab, we understand how frustrating it can be to live with persistent pain. That’s why we strive to offer thorough and effective treatment. Whether you’re a full-time athlete or have simply been pushing yourself too hard, we’re available to evaluate your condition and recommend a personalized course of treatment.
- Don’t suffer with a sports-related injury when help is available. Call our office in Cedar Grove, NJ to schedule your appointment.
Help people of all ages participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities.
- Do you struggle with a disease, disorder, or limitation that makes it difficult to engage in everyday activities? Occupational Therapists at Holsman Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation can help increase your activity participation and independence.
- Occupational therapists help people of all ages participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations). Occupational therapy helps people function in all of their environments (e.g., home, work, school, community) and addresses the physical, psychological, and cognitive aspects of their well-being through engagement in occupation.
Pediatric Physical Therapy
Dedicated to helping children 0 to 21 years have fun while achieving functional goals.
- Is your child diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Torticollis, Down's Syndrome, Genetic Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, PDD / PDD NOS, Spina Bifida, Congenital Disorders, Orthopedic Injuries, Muscular Disorders, Neurodevelopmental Delays, ADD /ADHD, or Sensory Processing Disorder?
- If your child is in need of Physical Therapy, Occuptional Therapy, Speech Therapy, Behavioral Therapy and or a Sensory Gym in Bergen County, NJ, our team is here to help!
- The Care Your Child Deserves
- At Holsman Children's Therapy Center in Fair Lawn, NJ, our team of caring and dedicated Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists and Behavioral Therapists are dedicated to helping children 0 to 21 years have fun while achieving functional goals. We understand that working with children requires a unique approach, and we strive to provide functional outcome-based treatment in a welcoming, warm, fun, and non-threatening environment .
Prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders.
- Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) at Holsman Physical Therapy work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
- Speech disorders occur when a person has difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently (e.g., stuttering is a form of disfluency) or has problems with his or her voice or resonance.
- Language disorders occur when a person has trouble understanding others (receptive language), or sharing thoughts, ideas, and feelings (expressive language). Language disorders may be spoken or written and may involve the form (phonology, morphology, syntax), content (semantics), and/or use (pragmatics) of language in functional and socially appropriate ways.
Helps relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility,
- Massage therapy improves circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues. It relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility, and helps clear lactic acid and other waste, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
- Massage therapists use long, smooth strokes, kneading and other movements focused on superficial layers of muscle using massage oil or lotion.
- Tai Chi is an ancient practice proven to reduce pain and improve your mental and physical well-being. The Tai Chi Program will help you:
- Reduce stress
- Increase balance and flexibility
- Feel relaxed
- Improve your overall mind, body and spirit
- Yoga - Some Yoga classes are designed purely for relaxation. But there are styles of yoga that teach you how to move your body in new ways. Choosing one of these styles offers the greatest health benefits by enabling you to develop your flexibility, strength, and balance.